View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Limeybastard
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport.
Limeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirus View Post
Have Geico right now, filed a claim July 30th of 2013 for a Comprehensive Claim on my IS250 same as what happened to you, only difference was my incident was a Blown Full Semi Tire flew off the trailer and smacked into the front. Rate Did NOT go up or increase due to Non-Fault as asked by the agent, damages were covered and Deductible applied. Simple. I asked about how things go up and it's in Fault based accidents, incidents in comprehensive where applicable responsibility can be assumed by the Policy Holder - (Best friend is adjuster for State Farm and this is a Insurance Industry standard as i was told) You should be fine. submit, call the agent give the account 20 min call about what happened, submit to Shop, and let them fix, pay deductible and go on your way
However the onus is on you to prove that the fault was on a third party, sometimes hard when the other party does not stop.

I find it hard to believe, meaning. If I park my car somewhere and someone swipes the side of me then if I make a claim my insurance wont go up next year? doubt it.

On friday night I nearly hit a cat crossing a road, fortunately for me the road was clear and I swerved to avoid it hitting my right corner bumper. Now, if I had hit the cat, and claimed for a new bumper are you saying my premiums would not go up? I am guessing that I would need to prove to Geico it was indeed a cat?
Limeybastard is offline   Reply With Quote