View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
No, according to the OP: The sole purpose of this poll is to ascertain how many people would actually be willing to pay extra for an oil cooler
True, but also consider the test cars for magazine reviewers also had an oil cooler.

It's as if Nissan figured out that they could add some more profit to the cars and that they'd be fine without a cooler for 98% of the buying public, instead of having a slightly lower profit margin, and satisfy 100% of the buying public.

10000 370z's produced, 2% would be 200 cars. Actually, I think that's even a bit high. More like 0.5% would be the number of people who are unhappy that there isn't an oil cooler.

I'm not saying it is an issue, nor am I saying it's not. I do think it's a bit shady to give the magazine reviewers one thing, get the great reviews, then sell something different to the public.

Therefore, that's why I say it'd not be an issue if the car's price increased $500 or less, and came with an oil cooler "as advertised" by magazine reviews.

Last edited by kannibul; 11-23-2009 at 11:19 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote