View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
There is a good post on here by someone that describes the rear camber problem with our car when weight is transferred to the rear. He mentions doing a burn out, and then measuring the width of the tire mark. It will indicate how much of a contact patch you have with the ground. He basically proved to himself that a good portion of the rear tires was not touching the ground due to too much negative camber.

The cure for something like this(besides building new control arms) include:

Way stiffer springs in the rear. Probably want to be running 12K+ springs in the rear.

Corner Balance the car, and as mentioned, raised the rear to distribute the weight and get it over the tires. Think about the drag cars you see on TV. Driver in the rear, all the weight possible over the rear tires.

suspension should be setup 40/60 on your shock travel, 40% for compression travel 60% for rebound.

Smaller front tires, less friction up front. Swap em at the track if need be.

You need weight over the rear tires to increase static load, this is accomplished by raising the ride height of the rear coilovers. If you are on stock suspension or even just lowering springs, it's not going to cut it.

Once the weight is over the rear tires, need to keep the rear arms from moving and cambering the tires out, you do this by using stiffer springs in the rear, and then dialing in the rebound.

EDIT: the other single biggest thing you could do would be installing a proper differential.
I have, will have, BC ERs. I want to keep their springs default as I think they allow for a wide range to cover applications from street, to drag, to track...I know we can get times down if we drag-mod the car and I don't want to do that. But I am willing to add bits that allow for more customization even if that customization is purely for the strip.

I have SPC rear camber arms but need to have the extended range dremel thing done. I didn't do that when I put them in and can't remove any more camber.

I had planned on picking up a cheap as hell set of wheels...super wide rear narrow front and putting DRs on the rears. I can't see anyway around this the car needs wide for the track. ...need to get one of those tire trailers.

Good point about the diff. Let's see what I can do without it.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane

Last edited by Arrvaxx; 08-11-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote