View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here's the facts relating to my Z.

1) No hatch issue, except when I use the rollout attachable cover, even then, it's only a matter of hitting the button twice. It's happened twice in the 6 months I've had the car. Non-issue.

2) ECU noise - some days I hear it VERY faintly, some days I don't hear it at all. I listen to my CD's loudly, and I have a louder exhaust than stock, so, non-issue.

3) Oil Temp - I've never gotten my car into limp-mode, and I tried. Even had a few days where it was 110F or higher outside this past summer, and I drove it hard enough to earn some tickets, but still didn't hit limp-mode. Should it have an oil cooler - sure, does it need it, no.

4) Paint issues - it does have more orange peel than I'd like, but, that's the case with all newer cars with thin paint...even a Ferrari F430 has orange peel. That said, the car is low to the ground, and has thin paint. It'll chip easily and often, and the more you tailgate the problem will become more of an issue. Same with if you drive roads where construction/off road vehicles typically travel - but this would be the case for ALL vehicles, not just the Z...

5) Oil leaks - I've not heard of any of our Z's leaking oil. I've heard of some eating oil, but mine doesn't have this issue - that said, I should check my oil again to be sure. 2400 miles on it, with 1200 miles on current fill. I really should write it (the level of the oil) down so I can remember where exactly it is each time...

6) Shifting problems - I have a 7AT. It did do a funny "slip" shift once...something I plan on keeping tabs on. Since I don't remember what it was that I was doing at the time or what the transmission was doing at the time, I couldn't replicate it. I'd guess that it was in the middle of upshifting and I got on the gas too hard, so it downshifted, and it just turned into a slip-up/down-shifting-mess. If it does it again, I'll be concerned then. Once is a fluke, Twice is a trend. Being able to replicate the issue would be key to getting the issue (if it exists) fixed anyway. The only other thing I've noticed with the rear diff, is that it chattered once. Best I can explain it...but, it was also wet pavement, and I had LSD on. Felt (and sounded) mostly like ABS was going AWOL on the rear wheels, so now that I think about it, that could have been the issue anyway.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote