View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
2sl0w
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport
2sl0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Why they would be active?

They were here to show us their products and now there is nothing new to show.
Op purchased these art pipes in 2012 used. They were not in mint condition:

"So I got the V1's off the forum used. There was cracks around the welds on one of them, but it was re-welded at my boy's shop, PetrolWerks."
2/28/12

If you look at the images above from 2012 to the current photos in the beginning of this thread the Ops exhaust has rusted quite significantly. Op stated they did reach out to Motordyne via email and received a response they were not satisfied with.

Motordyne has a 1 year warranty on welds for the original owner: https://www.motordyneengineering.com/pages.php?pID=1 when the op purchased these used he was on his own.

Motordyne has consistently high customer service marks. If you search around here you will see that consistency.
We all have personal lives outside of work. I happen to know Tony has just moved from California to Georgia. I would assume he will be able to focus on "the forums" when time permits. The business operation is 100% if you call customer service or email you will get the same prompt service. Postulating that forums are a relevant arena for customer service requests is silly.

The fact that you guys would even think it is his responsibility to repair these is ridiculous. They were purchased second hand, repaired by people outside of the organization, and have been used in a corrosive environment.

If I bought a pair of Nike shoes second hand, had the sole repaired by a cobbler, and then had a subsequent failure after running through chemicals do you think Nike would do anything for me?

OP, at the end of the day it sucks you have had so many problems with these. Sadly, bungs breaking off of test pipes is common across the board. And when buying used performance parts there is always a risk you will not experience the best results.
|| Z1 Intake, SS Lines, Silicone Hoses, Hood Struts, 25 Row Oil Cooler+T.Plate, Two Piece Rotors, Uprev || Motordyne M370 + A.R.T. Pipes + XYZ w/ HFC, Tomei Expreme TI Exhaust, NST, Whiteline Diff Bushings, Nismo Sways, BC BR 12k/10K, SPC F/R Arms, ZSpeed Shroud, Competition Clutch Stage 2 Kit, 20" Advan RSD, White Akebonos by Mike ||

Last edited by 2sl0w; 08-11-2014 at 09:57 AM.
2sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote