View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Question 1: I have a TurboSmart eBoost 2 controller and have been reading that you can set it up to change max boost by gear. Has anyone done this? I wonder if I can set it up to provide no boost in 1st and 2nd? It has to be almost zero because I spin on spring pressure (7lbs).

Question 2: We all hate the VDC. What other options are there? Either aftermarket or tunes? In fact, how does the VDC help with wheel spin? Does it apply brakes? I know some launch controllers like the Racelogic shut off fuel to a single cylinder (rotating through the 6) to reduce power when the wheels slip. This question comes from the understanding that I will need help controlling the spin...which I am ok with because I think everyone does. So if that is the case saying 'you should just learn to ease off the throttle' is not an acceptable solution. Clearly -everyone- is having this problem to different degrees.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote