Thread: 370z design
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman View Post
why does the z look like such a tuner/ricer? like don't get me wrong.. it's a vicious car, but don't you ever wish it was a bit more elegant and refined? like for example, even the old 3 series coupe looks a bit more polished and classy.. the z just seems to overdo it.. kinda like a person eager to talk and they keep interrupting you even tho you starting talking first.
Have you seen the new 370Z in person? I ask this as it is much better in real life than in photographs; I don't believe it is very photogenic. This model does more—in every aspect—to regain its roots. I know this as I owned both a new 240z and a new 280z. And in many ways it follows the philosophy practiced in a traditional Japanese rock garden: everything looks perfect, but there is always something intentionally left out of place to remind man that perfection is unattainable. This can be seen in the instrumentation and other areas of its styling and design. Comparing the BMW to the Z is comparing two completely different philosophies. Personally, the Z is more driver-centric that the BMW 3 series, but to each their own. The more I become familiar with the 370z—the more I love it.