View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #130 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

So the Turbo 3.0 liter is expecting 328hp? I hope that's at the wheels (not likely), or otherwise Nissan is back sliding. That better include a decent increase in MPG or otherwise my thought is that they are wasting their time. Of course, with the talk of throwing an electric motor into the mix, hopefully that HP figure will jump up a bit. Would like to see numbers near the 375 mark or so. That would make it more worthwhile IMO.

As for the turbo 4...why? Unless their plans for the IDx fall through, they will already have a Turbo 4 sports car. Double-dipping would do nothing more than hurt sales for both, and if the Nismo IDx is cheaper, hang it up. Unless you are the kind of person that doesn't care about power and just wants the look?

Of course, I have always been the kind of person that would wonder why someone would buy a V6 in a car, when the V8 is an option. It just seems like a waste to me.

But hey, it's Nissan's money. If this decision comes back to bite them in the ***, sucks to be them.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote