View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
~37oZ~
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th 370Z M6
~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~37oZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinking View Post
Well I am a little confused so basically what you're saying is that the seats the wheel and the shift aren't real leather although they presented in Nissan website as real?
I am trying to get the car but I can not buy leather...
I even called Nissan Japan headquarter to ask if I can somehow get the car with no leather.

If it is really the case and the stirring wheel and shift aren't real leather I would love to know...
Thanks guys.
Not exactly, Nissan says their seats are "appointed" leather, meaning it's fake leather, disigned to feel and look like leather. From the pictures I posted of the seats magnified it proves that the seats are made of a plastic material and not genuine leather.

As for the steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle, Nissan says it's real leather BUT it doesn't look like leather under the microscope so it might be a semi synthetic of some sort.

So, long story short:

Seats- not leather but a plastic material

Seat/door inserts- not Alcantara, Nubuck or Suede but also a plastic fiber.

Steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle- According to Nissan it's leather (but does not look like leather once examined at 200x under a microscope, so possibly a semi synthetic)

Hope that helps

Last edited by ~37oZ~; 08-09-2014 at 10:53 AM.
~37oZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote