View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #180 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09nismo498 View Post
What did you do with the o2's? Curious because i have to do emissions in a few months.
I didn't do anything to my O2 sensors. I didn't buy any extenders or o2 bungs.

This is what I did.

1. Buy or borrow a OBDII scanner.
2. Make sure your O2 sensors are activated in your Tune.
3. Plug in OBD II scanner. Clear any codes that are there.
4. Drive 5 miles at 60 mph.
5. Slow down to a stop.
6. Turn around and drive 5 miles at 60 mph back.
7. Went WOT in second and third gear. (Just for fun.)
8. Car was ready for emissions. It was not ready prior to going WOT.

Not sure if it mattered with going WOT but that is exactly what I did prior to passing.

I would check and refresh the OBDII scanner every couple minutes. Once it shows that you only have 1 monitor incomplete then you are basically ready to do your emissions. Check if there are any pending codes. When I check there were no codes.

Once it is ready, go straight to the emission facility and have them test it. Make sure you do not turn your car off after you get your car ready for emissions. The guy at the emission facility will turn your car off but you should still be able to pass.

If you are unlucky you may have to end up driving like 50+ miles to get it ready for emissions.

Then when you pass. You and

Last edited by Cell; 08-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote