Thread: 2015 Nismo
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #200 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

So im thinking of getting one of these maybe in the winter but im really torn on if its the right move or not

here is some of the rationale I came up with, what do you guys think?

Quote:
YES I SHOULD reasons

-Ive been thinking as the arrival of theNISMO GTR nears and having the #1 NISMO ever built for the US with all the documentation and all that is going to make me so paranoid to drive it. having something like this Z would make a really cool and fun daily driver. The first ever US market NISMO GTR is a collectors car and a piece of Nissan history and I just cant drive it like I would want to.

-Also as some know im big into autocross and have used Z's for a good number of years up until I got my 09 GTR in 2008. I feel running that NISMO GTR would do nothing but eat up $3K tires. I mean I might do a few runs occasionally but if I had this I could do a full season care free and save the NISMO GTR for our VIR track day and a few other things like that.

-right now I have a NISMO frontier pick up that I drive everyday and im starting to get tired of having to drive a truck daily as a compromise to have the GTR. I remember back when I had my 350z NISMO I would drive that thing all the time and enjoyed it

-It would be fun to get back into a 6 speed manual as I loved my 350z NISMO Z

- I could pick up the 42K non tech and see If I can get it for 36-37K

- Ive got access to a very unique line of credit at 1.9% with a minimum payment of like $100ish month per say $30K. so the monthly payment could be basically whatever I wanted it to be

-matching black 2015 NISMOs!

- I got to help unveil the car for the US so would be cool to own

-My start in the Nissan community and rise to where I am now started with the Z and would be cool to get back to my roots!

-I could be more involved around here on the Z forum

The NO reasons are

-Well the money plain and simple. the NISMO GTR was already $13K more than I expected because of the Ti exhaust option instead of it being standard. I dont have disposable income and the NISMO GTR thing was the perfect storm of my master plan and everything coming together in a way I could never pull off again.

-40K for another car might be getting a little over my head and ive done well in life not ever getting to that point. however this would be more all intents and purposes my primary driver and I would really use it like it was intended.

- 2 sports car car insurance bills. ( something to consider)

-Only have a 2 car garage ( my GF has a pathfinder)

- all new Z35 is due in the next 2 years with all new styling and brand new engine choices that is going to make the Z34 which is already aged feel obsolete

Last edited by MC; 08-08-2014 at 08:59 PM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote