View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #117 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Btw the last time I heard the true essence of a sports car should always be in a manual! I myself is a believer of this.

So who dictates the trend now? Is it still the consumer or we are being forced to accept the current technology?
I always thought it was the consumer. Don't automatics outsell manuals in the US? Call it laziness, moving on with the times, wanting a freehand to text, or hating the hassle of using a stick. As technology marches on and lowers pricing, the machine will outperform anything a person can manually do, so sticks are becoming more and more about a person wanting that extra fun and/or work in the driving experience.

I doubt the manufacturers care which people choose: only the one that gets the best sales. Their decision to only offer automatic or only CVT, is more to cut production costs than a secret hidden vendetta against sticks.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote