View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #1071 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Sooooooo i'm s@#$ out of luck with my high oil temps is what i'm hearing, right? I would have paid for a track package just as i paid for the sport package but it wasn't offered. I have never been on the track and don't live in a hot climate yet my oil temp has been btween 240 and 260 at times. The dealership says "that's normal, the car should be fine, as long as it doesn't go in the red, nissan builds great engines. We haven't had any other complaints of oil temps" Yeah right pull this leg and it plays Jingle Bells. I love the car and willing to paying for a oil cooler but dont want to void the warranty. I bought this car to DRIVE it, if not i would've bought a cube. I change the(nissan recommended ester) oil approx. every 1500 miles what else can i do? So basically the sport package i paid for is for stopping quicker, better handling and looks because if i stay on the gas pedal the engine will melt! WTF!
How many miles do you have on your engine so far? The experience of most members here is that, as the miles accumulate and the engine settles in, the temps drop. Switching to a synthetic has also been shown to drop temps. So unless you already have like 10k miles accumulated or something like that, I wouldn't panic just yet. Also, installing an oil cooler will not void your warranty unless you have an engine failure that can be directly attributed to said oil cooler.