View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
StarvMarv
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
StarvMarv is on a distinguished road
Default I'm back in the Z world!

Hello!

I am proud to say I am back in the Z world.

My first purchased car was a 1990 300zx (started as project car).

That vehicle was then stolen and found later totaled

I then got a 1995 BMW M3 (by far one of the most raw, easy to drive, easy to work on, fun vehicles I have ever driven/owned)

I recently sold it as it was time to upgrade to something modern. I wanted to keep that raw feeling. I test drove the BMW Z4 M Coupe (not roadster), e46 M3, Audi S4, BMW 335i coupe, and the 370Z.

The Audi has that intoxicating V8 noise that sounded like a lion in rage! But steering felt soft and it although the interior was a dime, the exterior wasn’t much of a looker.

The e92 BMW 335i Sport M package had its nice look but felt like a complete boat. Steering was entirely to soft and even though those things can be tuned to be quick, I heard about their overheating problems. (Yes I know 335i isn’t really a sports car).

The e46 M3 was really nice, but after looking further for my future purchase, I really wanted a 2 seater.

I then test drove a BMW Z4 M coupe. I love the fat steering wheel and the way the exterior looked somehow. I loved the rarity of it as well. Very sharp steering and felt as raw as my e36 M3 did. But the interior was just so “bleh”.

I finally test drove a regular 370z (couldn’t find Nismo within 100 miles from me). Surprisingly it didn’t feel as quick/"torquey" like the Z4 M, but once the RPMS climbed I felt the pull (like being at the back seat of a roller coaster train once it starts to go down it’s first hill). Steering actually felt the same, but the clutch was stiffer. (Then again I was use to my super lightweight Flywheel in my old e36 M3).

My M3 had racing Bilstein Coilovers, so all these people complaining about the ride quality of the Nismo does not apply to me. If anything it feels comfortable and soft to me haha.

I was settled on the 370z, but took a couple of weeks to locate a low milage Nismo. I traveled up 4 hours to the mountains to locate my newly acquired Nismo. Purchased from a Nissan Dealership with fresh new shoes installed. And with that I decided to take on the twisties of North Carolina mountain roads.

Since the pictures below, I have already tinted the windows to 35%, added an Invidia Exhaust system (Nismo stock exhaust was way to quiet), and upgraded the Stereo Headunit. I temporarily have my 12” Alpine Type R Subwoofer in the hatch, but am looking for something slimmer so that I can see my rear spoiler on my rear view mirror :P

My M3 was low, so I had to go slowly over speed bumps and dipped in driveways. I hate the 370z fender wheel gaps, but I currently love the convenience of getting over speed bumps haha . (oh the dilemma)

The side mirrors are something I still need to get use to. (I finally adjusted it correctly where I nearly don’t have a Blind Spot), but they are so massive in size, that sometimes I cannot see when cornering. (Again just something I need to get use to, the M3 had very tiny mirrors on them).

The nose of this thing just disappears and the fenders resemble the curvature body of a south american woman. Going into work I have to parallel park all the time, so it still takes a careful long time for me to get close to the curve to avoid curbing the rims. (I have to be within a couple of inches from the curve to avoid a parking citation).

Anyway sorry for long introduction and here are the pictures:

StarvMarv is offline   Reply With Quote