View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
zilent_jay
Base Member

Drives: 2009 MB Base Sport
zilent_jay is on a distinguished road

When I first got my 350.... I worked at a place and one of the older sales guys got jealous.... aside from the business owners jags, the 350 was by far the nicest car there... so this D-bag went and bought one... automatic.... same color (silver). The first time I saw it I thought someone moved my car, lol. The next time he saw me he made sure to come over and rub it in and how it's just a toy... he was acting like a total **** about it. I'm like... uhhh... good for you buddy.... don't care... good luck with the mid-life crisis.

fast forward 5 years... my new place of employment.... I had my 370 a few months before someone else got one. Silver.... automatic... non sport (notice a trend here). The guy also has a handicap sticker and gets to park up front. My gf said he wears a nissan cap and used to have an older Z... so that's cool at least.

I've only seen a few others in OKC. There are probably 10 or so 350's where I work... I remember when I started there, there were only 2 or 3. Nobody really has any go-fast mods and my 350 was definitely the quickest of them all (even the HR's).

I don't mind the commonality like most of you dread. I never bought either Z for the attention... and don't really care for it. I like seeing other Z's out there. It's funny because most of the people you see on the street in a Z.... are like you guys. They look pissed like you're stealing their thunder. ha ha....

Last edited by zilent_jay; 11-22-2009 at 10:47 PM.
zilent_jay is offline   Reply With Quote