View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What were the Nissan engineers thinking?

I'm thinking about installing a set of the Z1 silicone side PCV breather hoses. These are the relatively short hoses that are fitted with a restrictor and attach to the post-MAF intake tubes. After looking at the hoses, it strikes me that they are a lot simpler in design than the complex baffle arrangements that come from the factory. Does anyone know what the Nissan engineers were thinking? What is gained by having the multiple baffles? Are they meant to reduce noise … catch debris … whatever??? I can't help but think that the engineers had some purpose in mind … which also makes me think that something may be missing from the Z1 hoses. Any thoughts? Also, has anyone had any issues with the Z1 hoses after installation? They certainly look to be durable and easy to install. I've also heard that the factory baffle arrangements have snapped on occasion … which is another reason I'm leaning toward the Z1 hoses. Problem is that I just have a nagging feeling that the engineers were onto something, but it escapes me what it is. Again, any thoughts?
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote