View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #266 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 140BPM View Post
Quick question - is the stock clutch pedal height equal/level to the brake pedal or is it a little higher like in most cars? I forgot to take note before installing my AFP. And by pedal height I mean distance from the bottom of firewall, not vertical height.

I understood the directions to use the available adjustment points to get the clutch as close to level with the brake pedal as possible, which is how I have mine set currently. It seems like it takes extra effort now to fully extend to engage the bottom switch in order to start my Z up. Seems like it would be a bit more comfortable with the lower pedal arm adjusted to be a little higher than the brake. How is everyone else setting pedal height?

Other than the height question, all is good here. Took nearly 4 weeks of tinkering but I finally found my perfect setting. Oh, and do take special note of the top switch adjustment. I had mine set about 1/8" too far in (against the rubber stopper) at one point and it caused some serious pedal wandering and fluctuating fluid levels in the res. A quick email exchange with Ryan helped pinpoint the issue in no time. Solid ever since! Highly recommended.
The factory clutch pedal height in the 370Z/G37's as about a full inch higher then the brake pedal in factory trim so leveling it off with the brake during the RJM pedal install is already quite a drop. If you just want to move the pedal pad up shifting the entire pedal travel closer to you then loosen the 3-bolt connection between the upper/lower arm to rotate it upwards more and simply tighten the 3bolts back down again after.
If you want less overall stroke length then you can also loosen the clutch rod nut and thread the rod deeper into the clevis which will shorten up the stroke a little more but will also reduce the friction point height off the floor when taking off.

Hope that helps

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote