View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
avitech
Base Member

Drives: 82Mercedes-Benz300SD
avitech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Okay, let me get this straight. You say that this website wasn't created to talk about women. Yet, thus far, you have made two posts self-righteously preaching to everyone about driving within the speed limit and obeying all traffic laws. Newsflash: This website wasn't created to talk about traffic laws either. Hypocrisy, anyone? You could, of course, argue that traffic laws are indirectly relevant in so far as the Z is a car that gets driven in traffic. I would in fact agree with you, but I would also point out that the Z is a car that has a good amount of sex-appeal. (Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the Z's sex-appeal actually factored into some people's purchasing decisions.) Hence I don't see how mentioning a woman's reaction to the Z is any more off-topic than your holier than thou admonitions on how other people ought to drive their Zs. Point being, unless you plan to restrict all your posts to topics that are strictly about the 370Z, you're really not in a position to slag off other people for talking about side-issues.

Moreover, Matt's remark about his girlfriend wasn't even the core of his post. His response to the OP was directly on point, and all he did was make a lighthearted side-remark about how his girlfriend actually likes the feedback from the shifter for a bit of levity. And for that you found it necessary to attack him personally, implying that he has the mentality of a middle-schooler and remains wet behind the ear? What makes your post all the more ironic is that the sole purpose of your post was to attack Matt -- in other words, while falsely accusing Matt of not staying on topic, your own post wasn't on topic. Unlike Matt, you didn't contribute a single word that was pertinent to the original topic of this thread (shifter feedback). So I gotta ask, who do you think are? I mean seriously. You joined just yesterday, have only posted seven times, and within those seven posts you've taken it upon yourself to ascend the soapbox to preach to everyone about their driving habits twice, and flame someone for a harmless remark about his girlfriend. And to top it all off, you have the wherewithal to lecture others about why this forum was created while making these posts that have nothing to do with what, by your own definition, this forum was created for. Wtf, dude?

Welcome to the forum. If your goal is to make enemies or just generally rub people the wrong way, I'd say you're off to a spectacularly good start.

::sigh:: tisk tisk tisk, well nobody is perfect. I never even claimed to be perfect. I can see that you are quick to criticize and use your reasoning/argumentative skills. But so what. Nothing wrong with that, it exercise the brain more. You saw me doing it and you simply joined in on all the fun.

As for the Shift knob feed back. I am 100% satisfied with it when I test drove the 370Z. It is crisp and precise. It gives excellent feed back. It is totally predictable and there is zero slop as far as I can tell. Nissan made one of the most fantastic driving machines in this case. They are in Porsche/BMW territory yet they keep their prices reasonable for the average Joe. They are a true blessing. I can't wait to drive the 370Z that I do get FAST over a dry lake bed in California. It must be the most exhilarating feeling to drive a 370Z on a closed race track! I can hardly wait.
avitech is offline   Reply With Quote