View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #104 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
I'd rather Nissan push the Z upmarket instead of trying to keep the Z cheap. There's a nice slot in the $40-$60k range that won't impact the GTR. Nissan needs to give the Z the attention and engineering it deserves. I would buy an upmarket Z with power and handling over a Corvette. Then to fill the gap for those that want a cheap sports car, a reinvented 240sx would fit the bill nicely.

One can dream, right?

I've been a supporter of this idea for years. In my fantasy world:

Nissan GT-R would be the $100,000+ lineup.
Nissan Z would be the $50,000+ lineup.
Nissan IDx would be the $25,000+ lineup.

Yes, that would make the Z a not low cost vehicle, but it would let Nissan finally get their cards in order, and offer a Z that doesn't cut corners to fit lower price brackets.

GT-R is the raw power that doesn't care how it looks, just give pure performance. Z is power with a sexy exterior that screams beautiful car. IDx is for power that's afforable in a form that's easy to mod.

In the real world though, it seems the IDx is being difficult for Nissan to deliver without it costing as much as the current Z.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote