View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #210 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
i guess with a supercharger you should be ok.

to be honest most of the supercharger kits barely make any big power on the Z. i've seen a few put up decent numbers but most are just ehhhh with the SC kits.

i guess 7AT and a SC would survive.

this is why i cant go boost lol TT kit only and 500whp min would be my target
Yes and no, I believe shumby was the first 7AT with the GTM stage 1 SC and he blew his tranny making the same power as me (400HP/340TQ). He would drive his car hard so it took a beating but honestly anything much over bolt ons for the auto is a ticking time bomb.

It could just be that first time you drive hard and shift 4-5 while still on the throttle and it pops, it really boils down to the extra TQ it seems. I have seen the TT guys with auto with more HP do ok but you have to watch out for the TQ and those upper gears.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote