View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #66 (permalink)
nomodsjk
Premium Member

Drives: 2011 370z MB/7at
nomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Well, did you get the A/C fixed? What was the deal?
Update. It wasn't the ac compressor. Long story short the issue stemmed from theiss ue I had with a faulty tps sensor. I replaced the throttle body and was told by the shop who custom tuned my car that a throttle body relearn was necessary. So of course I took it tonNissanonly to be told they couldn'taccess tthe ecu to do the relearn. Duh of course not. So I call thetune shop and he said oh yYea I'm sorry of coursethey couldn 'tbec ause we basically own your ecu. Since I'mover 3 h ours away from theshop the servvice manager suggested a manual throttle relearn. So he emails me this step by step processwhich is followed closely. All seems well. Of course this all coincides with my radiator debacle so on Friday when I finally turn my ac on and that problem happened I immediately thought it wasradi ator related. Not so much. The shop Ibrou ght it to yesterday turned the car on and couldn't find anything wrong with the compressor and no codes thrown. I was confused and frustrated. I go pick it up and as I'm pulling out of thesshop the check engine light comes on. Code p0506 which means there is an issue with the idle being too low. So when wedid the manual relearn the idle was set too low and when I finally turned the ac on it was just not enough power to turn the serpentine belt or burn the gas which was the cause of the smoke. So now my only solution is to drive another 3-4 hours away next Monday to get it all sorted out. Oh yes side note. When I called my tunesh op the manager informed me that what he sent me was nothing he tried before he just googled it
nomodsjk is offline   Reply With Quote