View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #103 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
The FR-S doesn't have a turbo four, it just has a boxer four. Also, Mazda has not done the turbo thing with it's Sky Active technology so not all Japanese brands are going turbo four. That said, Ford and Chevy have been doing a lot of turboing as of late.
I do stand corrected on the FRS, though dropping a turbo on it probably isn't that hard.

However, I said Asian companies, not Japanese. Both Kia and Hyundai have dropped the V6 as an option on some of their cars in favor of a Turbo 4. And all of the American companies are doing it as much as they can, just so that they can meet EPA regs. Again, I understand why they are doing it, but to me it just seems like a waste to do it to the sports cars as well. Make a nice, zippy, high fuel economy car for the people that want to have their cake and eat it to, but give those of us who aren't necessarily worried about slightly lower MPG something to work with.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote