View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #265 (permalink)
140BPM
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z
140BPM is on a distinguished road

Quick question - is the stock clutch pedal height equal/level to the brake pedal or is it a little higher like in most cars? I forgot to take note before installing my AFP. And by pedal height I mean distance from the bottom of firewall, not vertical height.

I understood the directions to use the available adjustment points to get the clutch as close to level with the brake pedal as possible, which is how I have mine set currently. It seems like it takes extra effort now to fully extend to engage the bottom switch in order to start my Z up. Seems like it would be a bit more comfortable with the lower pedal arm adjusted to be a little higher than the brake. How is everyone else setting pedal height?

Other than the height question, all is good here. Took nearly 4 weeks of tinkering but I finally found my perfect setting. Oh, and do take special note of the top switch adjustment. I had mine set about 1/8" too far in (against the rubber stopper) at one point and it caused some serious pedal wandering and fluctuating fluid levels in the res. A quick email exchange with Ryan helped pinpoint the issue in no time. Solid ever since! Highly recommended.

Last edited by 140BPM; 08-05-2014 at 02:39 PM.
140BPM is offline   Reply With Quote