Thread: Oops
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I have 57k on the stock clutch and I've launched at 3.5k-5k a handful of times at AutoX and never had issues with slipping.

The only issues I've had with the clutch is the stock fluid getting dirty and I swapped it out with Motul 600 and it got rid of the pedal stick and mushiness in the pedal.

My guess is that you were launching in third and when you shifted you went into either 2nd or 4th, then back to third. Theres no way that launching at 5k in 1st gear would cause the wheels to sit still and have the clutch smoke. And we can't blame it on holding the brake down like the Corvette video because the Nissan vehicles don't allow you to use the brake and gas at the same time. SO your launch should have had zero restrictions, besides driver error.
The error was that i shifted it while the wheels were spinning twice. Since there was such a lack of traction, the tail STOPPED wagging when i tried to put it into 3rd. Yes yes, dumb im already over that. As for knowing how to drive stick, thats all ive ever owned. From my 68 xr7 ragtop cougar "4spd,302, 9in" at 16 until the nismo i own now ive never owned an auto, and this is the first one ive ever owned that cant take any kind of abuse. Shouldnt abuse it anyway, but it was a heated momentary lapse in judgment to show boat. Just wanted to know if it was damaged or not, thanks for the responses about the black residue too i feel a lot better about it now.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote