Thread: Oops
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 05:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

I have 57k on the stock clutch and I've launched at 3.5k-5k a handful of times at AutoX and never had issues with slipping.

The only issues I've had with the clutch is the stock fluid getting dirty and I swapped it out with Motul 600 and it got rid of the pedal stick and mushiness in the pedal.

My guess is that you were launching in third and when you shifted you went into either 2nd or 4th, then back to third. Theres no way that launching at 5k in 1st gear would cause the wheels to sit still and have the clutch smoke. And we can't blame it on holding the brake down like the Corvette video because the Nissan vehicles don't allow you to use the brake and gas at the same time. SO your launch should have had zero restrictions, besides driver error.