View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #2749 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrvaxx View Post
"DAY" 1
- Give your car to Tony at Fast Intentions to drive for 300 miles in southern California. I'm sure he babied it...like his GT-R.

Day 2
- Drive 90 miles from Simi Valley, CA to Fontana, CA in 98 degree weather.
- Drive over the hills between Fontana and the Mojave desert in said temps adding stop and crawl traffic the entire climb.
- Drive through the Mojave on Interstate 15 to Las Vegas in 110 degree weather with the AC cranked.

Day 3
- Drive from Las Vegas to southern Utah (Zion) in 105 degree weather with said AC keeping you alive.

Day 4 and 5
- Drive from Zion to Bryce Canyon to Escalante to Arches National Parks in 100 degree temps and canyon roads (holy elevation changes and switchbacks Batman).

Day 6
- Drive from southern Utah over the Rockies to Denver is comfortable 80-90 degree weather...adding intense rain.

Day 7.
- Drive from Denver to Minneapolis non-stop in perfect weather averaging 83.2 mph over the 12 hours.

...Car never hesitated. Great job guys. Thanks!

A few things I learned on the trip:

1. Stock tires are ill-equipped for this kind of horse power. There is no putting down the pedal as you're turning towards an on-ramp. Wait until you're going straight and ideally have just shifted in to third. Even then the tires can get loose on you.

2. Very glad I upgraded to a Specialty Z 6 puck clutch. It takes some getting used to but I would be very concerned about shifting with the stock under hard acceleration.

3. I'm kinda scared to put 100 octane in it. With 91 the car is a monster and that monster is hungry!

4. Glad I went with Whiteline rear diff bushings. Tony's right...no wheel hop.

5. Remember that when you throw down the accelerator to pass you will be going a LOT faster than you did pre-turbo!

6. Worth every penny.
Nice write up. You are an animal my man! Glad to see you made it home and early I noticed. I am also pleased to hear the mistress is doing great and she performed as advertised. You my friend have helped us accomplish what we set out to do over 2 years ago.

"Have a customer with our kit drive across the country and have the car perform as we intended it to." No rubbing, no leaking, no shuttering, no overheating, no heat soaking, etc, etc, etc... Thank you again for entrusting us to do our thing and deliver our product to yet what seems, another satisfied customer!

When you get settled in and back in the groove, give me a ring. Let's catch up and recant your 2,000+ mile journey home.

Thank you.
-Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote