View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #1056 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Oil coolers don't cost $800-$1000, Robert. Especially not when purchased at manufacturer volumes. They don't even cost that much at full retail. I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from. In any case, I never said that I think all 370Zs should come equipped with oil coolers standard. I do think a simple way to end all the bickering on this issue would be for Nissan to offer it as a dealer-installed option (kinda like how some companies offer ceramic brakes as options for those customers who feel they actually need them). But whatever. I don't really care, to be honest. I agree with everyone else that oil coolers aren't really needed for regular street use.

Having said all that, I don't see what your response has to do with my post. You're putting words into my mouth. All I did was point out that you pretty much proved NIZMOZ's point about the apathetic attitude of Nissan Corporate. I was making a point about the attitude inherent in your response to him. Nothing more. I didn't say a single thing about anything else. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not accuse you of deliberately trying to change the subject with a straw man argument (i.e., knocking down an argument that I never even made).
I don't accept the premise that it's a "not our problem" attitude at Nissan.

Regardless of what you or anyone might think an engine oil cooler might cost Nissan, nothing is free or inexpensive. Even making something an option; even a dealer installed option costs money - lots of money and this is not an time for any manufacturer to be spending any more money on anything than it has to.