View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
mikechap
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z SE
mikechap is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the posts and thoughts on my issue.

My motor pricing sounded high, but I didn't explain it well and with what I've seen on ebay it doesn't sound too out line. The total cost is $6200 out the door (plus tax). The cheapest on ebay was that one for $3500 + $450 shipping. I'm getting charged about $1500 for labor and I'm sure he's also covering for the work he tried to do when I initially brought the car in so I just rounded it up to $7k.

Like others suspected, the dealership was no help. Since the car was out of warranty and at another shop with the engine broken down, they weren't in the mood to be helpful.

I guess I've come to the conclusion that yes A) I waited too long to get an oil change this time and B) I could have avoided any of this by just checking the damn oil one a week but I still think something happened that I wasn't aware of like an oil leak or unusual burning of the oil. I usually get my oil changed about every 4500 miles. Like I mentioned, I was on my way in that week to get a 60,000 mile service and just didn't realize how long I'd gone before that. Never in a million years would I have guessed how low it was.

So to keep myself sane, I'm running with the mantra that I don't think I did anything wrong to the car, but I surely could have avoided this mess by at least checking the oil every week. Expensive lesson for everyone out there.

I guess the bright side is I'll have shaved off 45,000 miles from my engine when I get her back. I gotta look at the bright side here or else I'll never get over this
mikechap is offline   Reply With Quote