View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Minhtin
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Nismo PW
Minhtin is on a distinguished road
Default Blind Spot, Backing Up, Angry Lady.

This seems like a bad combination. I was backing up the Z at my usual speed of .5 mph because I knew I couldn't see out behind my 5 and 7 o'clock position. Then all the sudden I heard 2 rapid honks. I immediately stopped and scanned, but I couldn't see them so I knew they were in my blind spot and waited a good 5 seconds to let them pass. All the sudden I hear another honk and I couldn't see where they were at. At this point after seeing my rear was cleared, I backed out completely and saw a scion that was in my 5 o'clock position with a lady in the passenger seat frantically flailing her arms about. Being a grown up person, I rolled down my window and apologized and told her that I couldn't see out of of the vehicle when they're in our giant blind spot. Her respond was "well you should do something about that, you almost cause a "major" collision". I had a smart *** comment for her, but I felt it would be inappropriate to use as I was in the wrong.

Anyway, what do you guys usually do about that? As far as dealing with the situation and dealing with the blind spot itself. I wanted to get out of the car and wave them through, but I had my sidearm on me and felt that getting out of the car and possibly getting into an armed conflict would be an extremely bad idea.

Last edited by Minhtin; 08-02-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Minhtin is offline   Reply With Quote