View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #1054 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
So is your answer that everyone who buys a 370Z ought to have to cough up another $800-1,000 per vehicle so they can get an engine oil cooler even though only a tiny percentage of buyers actually need it? Does that really make sense?

It would be nice if every 370Z had a engine oil cooler but no car can be everything to everybody and every mas produced vehicle is a collection of compromises. Further, and perhaps most importantly, nothing is free and while you may be more than willing to pay the extra cost for a factory fix not everyone would be - for every person on this or related enthusiast's board screaming for a factory oil cooler there are probably 500 who truly don't care and wouldn't want to pay an extra nickle for a engine oil cooler (nor will ever need one).
Oil coolers don't cost $800-$1000, Robert. Especially not when purchased at manufacturer volumes. They don't even cost that much at full retail. I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from. In any case, I never said that I think all 370Zs should come equipped with oil coolers standard. I do think a simple way to end all the bickering on this issue would be for Nissan to offer it as a dealer-installed option (kinda like how some companies offer ceramic brakes as options for those customers who feel they actually need them). But whatever. I don't really care, to be honest. I agree with everyone else that oil coolers aren't really needed for regular street use.

Having said all that, I don't see what your response has to do with my post. You're putting words into my mouth. All I did was point out that you pretty much proved NIZMOZ's point about the apathetic attitude of Nissan Corporate. I was making a point about the attitude inherent in your response to him. Nothing more. I didn't say a single thing about anything else. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not accuse you of deliberately trying to change the subject with a straw man argument (i.e., knocking down an argument that I never even made).