View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #1053 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Which proves NIZMOZ's point, right? For the record, I actually agree with you that track-only issues aren't Nissan's responsibility to fix. Of course, some companies go above and beyond their bare minimum responsibilities in an effort to keep their customers happy; evidently, Nissan isn't one of them. But that's neither here nor there. The only point I'm trying to make here is that your response perfectly exemplifies the 'not our problem, we don't give a crap' attitude that NIZMOZ is talking about. (I mean, considering that you work for Nissan Corporate and all.)
So is your answer that everyone who buys a 370Z ought to have to cough up another $800-1,000 per vehicle so they can get an engine oil cooler even though only a tiny percentage of buyers actually need it? Does that really make sense?

It would be nice if every 370Z had a engine oil cooler but no car can be everything to everybody and every mas produced vehicle is a collection of compromises. Further, and perhaps most importantly, nothing is free and while you may be more than willing to pay the extra cost for a factory fix not everyone would be - for every person on this or related enthusiast's board screaming for a factory oil cooler there are probably 500 who truly don't care and wouldn't want to pay an extra nickle for a engine oil cooler (nor will ever need one).

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 11-22-2009 at 11:50 AM.