View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
nomodsjk
Premium Member

Drives: 2011 370z MB/7at
nomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I would have been checked by the A/C tech. When he vaccumed down the system, he should have collected the oil that was evacuated by the A/C machine. He would then open a valve on the machine and dump it to a container that would measure the oz.'s of oil recovered. He would need to add that much back into the system while it was under a vaccum and no leaks were discovered. (it needs to hold a vaccum for 30min and not change a around 28-30 inchs of mercury. (can't remember the values, it has been 15 years ago since I was a tech).

Make sure you have a new Reciever/Dryer installed. It is attached to the condensor (round cylinder where you probably had your leak). I would also have new oil added. I would have added 2 oz. for the new condensor, but with a new compressor, it has new oil in it since it will be under a vaccum. I would talk with them and add 2-4 oz of new oil.
Thank you sir. I really appreciate your time and input! I love being a forum member.
nomodsjk is offline   Reply With Quote