View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

I did some research and the Blinder jams virtually every laser gun out there, whereas the K40 does not. Now, where I live, the K40 never failed me once. But I started thinking about it and figured you know what, let's plan for the future and get the one that jams the most laser gun models now. Because with my luck, the cops in my area will upgrade/switch their laser guns to a model that the K40 doesn't jam!

I also found out something interesting about K40. The model that they sell now is newer than the old version that I've been transferring from car to car for the past 10 years. The current, new model, has this 'feature' where once you come within 200 yards of the laser gun, it automatically shuts off! Their rationale is that you should have slowed down to the speed limit by then, and by automatically turning off, it'll allow the cop to get a reading on you, which in turn won't cause him to suspect that you have a jammer. Okay, I guess that makes sense if you're driving through a state where these things are illegal. But personally, that's a feature I can do without. The Blinder has no such feature. It does have a manual off switch if you feel the need to turn it off in order to avoid suspicion though.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote