View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
JakeZ34
Enthusiast Member

Drives: BS 370z 6MT/sprt pkg
JakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeJakeZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JakeZ34

I understand your concerns and I'll try to explain and address it according to what I know,

-stuck hatch problem was not a concern to me maybe I got lucky, I havn't had the stuck hatch release problem. BUT however I did have that problem on my 05 350Z.

-Oil Temp problem is a concern if you decide to track / push your car hard, but during normal daily driving conditions it shouldn't be a concern, and there are after market options that you can do to correct the problem but be mindful about your manufacture's warranty when do so.

-Paint defects, again I'm the lucky couple few that didn't experience this problem.

-High Pitch ECU noise I have experienced and trying to work on it with Nissan.

-Engine oil leak, I've followed the proper 1200k mi break-in and my engine has not experienced leak so again it's a luck thing I guess.

-Shifting problems from 1st to 2nd is common in this tranny, my 350Z had it even worst, it's a car that has hard shifting from 1st to 2nd, it takes a while to get use to but once you're used to it you should be fine. As far as the clunking, I only found it to be a problem when I push the clutch in super super fast, if I was driving under normal clutch releasing and engaging speed, no clunks are heard.

Hope that helps a bit.
JakeZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote