View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
They set the tire pressure high due to strapping them down in shipping. They don't want to bottom them out when they crank down on the tie downs. Nissan puts yellow stickies on the tires so the PDI guys will be remember to set the tires to the door placard. Guess some folks don't have a clue.
For me, they received the car from a dealer in Oklahoma, but there was a problem with one of the wheels. They replaced the wheel and tire just before delivery. I suspect the reason for my tire issue was they didn't deflate the tire after beading it. My PSI was closer to 80-100, which is what you would expect beading a new tire and way higher than they would use for shipping. Even a 60 PSI tire wouldn't have bubbled as quickly as mine did.

That being said, plenty of dealers forget to deflate tires after shipping or remove the Nismo spring spacers. It's the nature of the stealership

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote