View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kenwoodturbo
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo
Kenwoodturbo will become famous soon enoughKenwoodturbo will become famous soon enough

OP. Don't let these guys fool you. There are very legitimate reasons why. As real hardcore racers know, when you are making mad powa with your rwd 370 z and you are taking out pesky lamborghini/ferrari/lotus/Bugatti/Pagani the limiting factor to the 370z is always the excessive forward bite. The mad grip in this car just costs you speed because the rear is just way too planted and sticky. so instead you camber the wheels inward so instead of 10"+ of tire of contact patch you try to get 1/4 " contact patch. This allows your rear wheels to spin much more out of the gate and that's a little known trade secret as you leave them in a trail of smoke. But much as we all know, on top of the excessive forward bite of the 370z rear tires, we understand that the limiting factor of the 370 is it's inability to turn a corner effectively. So by running 9 deg negative camber this ensures the car really grips in excessive cornering. Couple that with the stretched 5" wide tire on a 10.5"x 22 rim and this ensures that as you approach apex of turn you free the car on exit by transferring most of the weight to the lip of your rims. This does an excellent job of freeing up an otherwise tight steering car. Finally before the hardcore racers come in here and delete my thread. The last secret is that we all know that the soft suspension in our cars is just too plush and not oriented towards knocking out vipers. So we take and cut our springs or even more stealth is to remove them to have the minimum amount of travel as possible. I mean let's face it. With 2-3" of suspension travel your car may begin to roll in a corner which is bad. If the suspension cant move the body won't roll. That why I never bother with some overrated afco coilover setup. It's easier and lighter to cut or remove completely the springs and just keep the shocks bottomed out on themselves. Light and fast.

Oops gotta go I've now spilled the beans and published the worlds best kept racing secrets.
Kenwoodturbo is offline   Reply With Quote