View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
ive shipped a few headlights in my day. heres what i do:

- wrap em in newspaper

- create triangle reinforcements out of cardboard to tape around the brackets (this is so WHEN the box is dropped and thrown, if it lands on a bracket, you dont want it breaking)
- tape some triangles to the lens as well
- bubble wrap the entire thing
- individually boxed

tip: package anything you ship in a manner that it will not break if the box was thrown 5-10 feet away, and will survive a 5 feet drop. i worked at fedex for a few years in college....and a package needs to get across the USA in anywhere from overnight to 3-4 days. boxes are not picked up and lightly set down. i always throw my own packages that i ship out just to be sure itll survive my hands before i hand it over to the shipping company
dogdamn hazing.. use mirror sheets. dont wrap bubble wrap directly on the lens either as it can leave round imprints on the lens.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote