Thread: 2015 Nismo
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #155 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTuRe is Z View Post
Makes no sense for them to be holding out on the Zs unless there are a lot of '14s left. If their sales are up why would you choke up sales by limiting supply?
I'm not proposing that anyone is intentionally limiting suppy, but I'm not sure if Nissan is still building new 2014's right now. Haven't tried to factory order a custom 2014, but I'd hazzard a guess that the assembly line should be pumping out the new model right now. Unless of course, Nissan really is going to delay the 2015 sale until late this year/early next year. In any case, if searching car dealers on the Internets is any indicator, there certainly isn't a shortage of new 2014 (or even 2013) 370Z out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTuRe is Z View Post
Why would anyone buy a '14 when the '15 is more desirable?
Verdict is still out on that question. Not everyone likes the new body kit and/or prefers the old look. Also the new body kit is being "photoshopped" on every model of Nissan, so that's turning off people who aren't supportive of Nissan making all their NISMO look the same.

We'll see soon enough.

IMHO the 2015 NISMO's biggest sales point is having an automatic option. That opens the flood gates to a larger demographic that wouldn't (or couldn't) touch a stick. I personally think the 370Z market is oversatured and Nissan needs to get the next generation Z out, but who knows... maybe this is the gimmick Nissan needs to squeeze better numbers.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 07-30-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote