View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Some View Post
our bolt on parts are definitely over price but 15hp is a joke.

I had short ram intakes sucking in hot air, and 2.25" hfc & cat back and dyno'd at 283whp without a tune. For the same dyno the baseline stock numbers are typically around 270whp according to the tuner. The tune got me up to 300whp and 250tq, but generally 295-300whp pull after pull. (fwiw it was winter in FL and about 65* with little to no humidity). those 3 bolt ons cost me about $1700 and $625 for the tune. All in about $2300 and gained about 30whp and 25tq over stock.

I recently upgraded to the stillen intakes and ART Pipes with an E370 and just got a retune a few days ago. In 95* heat (probably higher in the garage) with about 50% humidity I was pulling about 295whp and 245tq consistently. in better conditions i'm sure the numbers would be slightly higher, but nothing to write home about. The important part is knowing everything is optimized as best as possible. This set up cost me about $2500 and the E370 was pre-love with about 2k miles on it. Retail all in everything would be close to $2800 + $600 for a tune totalling about $3400 for 30whp and 25tq. This is definitely a steep price to pay. but you also have to factor in how amazing and unique these mods sound in their own right. completely sets you apart from every other car on the road. not to mention the quality of the parts. It is satisfying and relieving you are not putting garbage on such a beautiful car.

do I regret spending all that money on bolt ons instead of jumping strait to FI? no, it is a an ongoing project for almost 2 years now and fun to try out different things and experience different stages of the cars life, also resale helps offset the costs of new things but at the end of the day if you love driving and looking at your car - the money is worth it and you can always make more and add more mods later down the line.
M370 kills your top end. Sell and buy the OEM ported one from z1.