View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #9369 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post

The car was dirty, but I had to clean that part up so now I have a shiny clean ding on a dirty car.

I was able to clean it up with some quick detailer and followed up with a little fine rubbing compound. That usually takes care of knocking the edge off of the etching and it doesn't show up so bad. It looks OK except for the shiny ding. It looks like a single hail dent in the roof.

So once the car gets dirty from the rain this afternoon and it's not so shiny I probably won't be able to see it again.
I know exactly what you mean. I only get about them when I clean the car. I know where most of them are now, so I close my eyes or avoid looking at them whenever I go over that area Or I just don't bother to clean that area... like my entire front bumper

But this way, I only find new ones and don't have to look at all of them every time I wash the car

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |