View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
remo1356
Base Member

Drives: 08 Nissan 350Z S 5AT
remo1356 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtake View Post
Just like to post up a quick review on these amazing concave Avant Garde M550's and forum vendor GetYourWheels. Big, big shout out to Mike for getting everything sorted out!

A word on GetYourWheels:
The word I would use to describe Mike at GetYourWheels is motivated. He replied to all my messages promptly, professionally and politely. There was no point in time where I was uncomfortable with the business they do. Mike addressed all my questions and concerns knowledgeably and clearly placed the customer first. I highly recommend GetYourWheels as a vendor, and they will be the first ones contacted when I'm looking for my next set of wheels.

Wheel Setup:
I was going for that concave look. The Avant Garde M550's prevailed over Stance SC-5 and Vossen CV-3 because of the M550's natural taper at the spokes. Forgestar CF5's were too rounded and did not look concave enough (As I'm typing this, I realize how picky I was). I was referred to GetYourwheels by TKomodo after seeing his Avant Garde M310's and hearing of his excellent experience with GYW. The M550's come in 19x9.5 +20 and 19x11 +18 for our Z/G cars. I opted for Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 for tires, front 245/40/19 and rear 305/30/19. An appealing aspect of GYW's sales pitch is that lug nuts, mounting, balancing, and shipping are all included, and I'm all about decreasing the amount of work that I need to do. GYW does TPMS packages as well, which I opted for.

Shipment
I placed payment for my wheels on a Friday, and they had the wheels shipped out on the following Monday. The wheels and tires were in stock at GYW, but I was very pleased with their shipment turnover rate. Fedex Ground got it to my residence in Houston in three days.

The wheels were sufficiently protected in shipment with cardboard and soft styrofoam sheets for the wheel face. Everything was secured down. I did not find any damage or discrepancies during shipping.

The wheels are made in Taiwan, and they are VIA, JWL compliant.

That concavity

I decided to throw the rears on a house scale to get an idea of what they weigh. The scale is not calibrated. The 19x11 Avant Garde M550 with 305/30/19 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's weigh ~60 lbs each.

I didn't get a picture of the fronts on the scale, but they were ~55 lbs (19x9.5, 245-40-19) each.

Installation
I upgraded from the base 18's, and I don't feel a noticeable difference in the butt dyno with the new wheels on. My daily drive is about 30 miles each way on highway, and the rubber in the rear feels very solid at highway speeds. I will need more drive time to determine if mileage was affected. After about a week of driving, it doesn't seem to be impacted.

I'm lowered on Tein S-Tech springs with no aftermarket camber modifications (yet). I'm looking to extend the life of the tires, and -2.8 in the rear has got to be dialed in.

Parting thoughts:
I cannot stress more the amazing experience I had with GetYourWheels. As far as final fitment goes... No words, just photographs. Thanks for reading my review. Enjoy!

Did you have any issues with VDC/traction control cause of the difference in height front to rear?
remo1356 is offline   Reply With Quote