View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I notice in the instructions is they specifically note to switch the bleeder valve fitting and the line fitting from the way they come from Z1. It's at the beginning of the 2nd paragraph in Step 9 in the instructions I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1 CSCEK Instruction
Remove bleeder fitting and line fitting from body. Use pipe thread sealant (liquid is strongly recommended) and tighten bleeder fitting from where the line fitting was removed.
The only thing I can think is this puts the bleeder valve at the top of the cylinder. If the bleeder valve is on the side, like it comes from Z1, then there is a pocket of air trapped in the cylinder that may be incredibly difficult, nigh impossible to bleed out. Its a very small amount of air that could be accounting for the dead play in your pedal.

If your dealer missed this, it could be your problem? I'm no expert by any means. I have no idea why Z1 would ship them with the fittings install in the reverse of where they're supposed to go.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote