View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #48 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Swap your trans oil to Redline MT 85 as a start. It greatly improves smoothness, especially when cold.
I put in Redline MT-85 almost from the start and have very little experience with OEM fluid to compare. But I would listen to anything serious this man has to say

Quote:
The RJM clutch pedal upgrade is also a big help.
Best mod available under $300. Tremendous improvement. And I had no troubles with the stock clutch either.

Quote:
That said, even when stock I had no problems with shifting. I think the reason is that I know how to drive a manual transmission-equipped car. My wife drives a 6MT Juke also -- just for reference.
and for additional reference, we originally purchased the Z for my wife as her daily driver. We got her an AT when she changed jobs and her daily commute went from 15 min of open road to 45 min of snarling traffic all the way across town. She rarely drives the Z now, but when she does it just takes a few 1-2 shifts before she's back in the groove.

I will also add that a tune will improve throttle response and is a very noticeable improvement over the stock map. Better throttle response is a big help in mechanics of operating a manual transmission IMO.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 07-28-2014 at 08:43 PM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote