View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #77 (permalink)
zeeder
Enthusiast Member

Drives: ‘13 370Z ST 6M
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonis GTR View Post
Interesting read. Seem's overly complex with 3 electric motors, but if it meets their performance specs, hard to argue with it.

I dunno, it just drives me nuts that the only answer to higher fuel economy that all of the Asian companies can come up with is to go with a Turbo 4. I realize that it does the trick, and it gets agencies like the EPA off their back. But it just seems like such a cop-out to me. If I had really wanted a car with a turbo 4, I'd just go buy an FRS and be done with it.
The FR-S doesn't have a turbo four, it just has a boxer four. Also, Mazda has not done the turbo thing with it's Sky Active technology so not all Japanese brands are going turbo four. That said, Ford and Chevy have been doing a lot of turboing as of late.