Thread: Operation 370z
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
NoLaKrewe
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FJ//2015 370z
NoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant futureNoLaKrewe has a brilliant future
Default Operation 370z

Hello all, this may be a long post. However, it's been years in the making and I am ecstatic! This will be a thread where I track my progress of buying my Z. I plan to purchase it in Sept/October and have a battle plan.

Background

In 2003 I was only around the age of 13 but I will never forget the first time I saw a Z. I was at a snowball stand and a red 350z pulled up at the stand. I remember thinking the 350z was the most elegant looking car I had ever laid eyes on. I don't know why but I always thought of the 350 the car to have. Shortly after seeing this car I started to save money I would make on the side for this car in my future. Fast forward 2 years and all the money I had saved, had to be spent on life as Katrina destroyed where I was from and money had to come out saving and help my family. I remember thinking I would eventually get back to saving but with the family needing a new income it never did happen. Fast forward a couple of years, and I start my own business. Finally got some play money and I go test drive a 350z. I loved it! It was the first time I had drove a Z and everything about it lived up to my dreams. Simplistic but yet met every need I was desiring. I started on my paper work and called my insurance, and well since I live in New Orleans and am male between the ages of 18-25 the insurance was $480 without the car note and deemed it as a lost cause. Fast forward to the current day and I have 2 jobs and a wife but no kids. I have a car but she needs a new car and I find this to be a window in my life I have yet to have. I may FINALLY be able to buy the car of my dreams. I know I can afford a base but since I wont have money to mod it and whatnot I would really like to reach for a Nismo.

For those who hate walls of text. TLR - THIS MAN NEED A Z

The Plan

Now I am almost 100% sure I can afford the base 370z but I work really hard and long hours. I want to reward my self so I am shooting for the stars and hoping I land some where close. So their is 2 dealerships I have been watching for months now. I have been tracking their lots as they both have 2014 Nismos.

This Nissan Dealership <-- has 4x 2014 Nismo 370s that have been sitting on their lot now for over 2 months. I have kept track of this dealership, watching over these Zs. When the 2015 drops I am thinking about waiting a month or two and whichever one is left, trying to bargain for it. If all 4 of the Nismos are left then I feel I may have even more of a bargaining tool. The kicker here is the colors. While I love white/black the red Nismo looks so beautiful.

This is where this dealership comes into play. They have been having this red Nismo on the lot for about the same amount of time if not a little longer. I am also considering this car as well, however I have heard this dealership is hard to work with at times from a few local friends.

The Conclusion

This thread will be me tracking the purchase and sharing my thoughts and experiences. After all, I have been waiting over half my life to join the Z team and I may finally have the chance. Until then I am going to work as hard as my marriage will allow and save money. I also made a GoFundMe370z page but I am quite embarrassed to share it. Can't blame a man for trying! Thanks for listening to my crazy talk. Shall update soon with a test drive.
NoLaKrewe is offline   Reply With Quote