View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #68 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNismo View Post
Agreed, theres a whole bunch that can be listed under the 2nd category.

All purposes intended, we need reviews from the all out performance street legal tires listed for tt use.

Toyo R888
Yokohoma ADO8R
Hankook RS3
Dunlop Z11
I have run thru 2 sets of DZ II and one set of RS3 and found the DZ II more consistent in that last 6000 klics of their life (my tyres typically last around 22-24000klics).

The RS3's lost grip dramatically when cold and past 3/4's life ... needed to be warmed up before they had sufficient heat to generate grip, whereas the Dunlops held grip almost right to the end of their life.

I also ran thru a set of Kumho KU36 which were good, but not in the same league as the Dunlop or RS3 at their peak.

I have just ordered a set of Falken FK453 as these are the only tyre I can get in 275/40R18 for the rear which I need with my 4.08:1 final drive gears that are going onto the car this week.

The ZII tyres coming off the car will go onto my Z32 TT to finally wear them out.

I'm really happy with the DZII and also the RS3 up to the point where mileage gets to 18,000klics when they seem to have heat cycled out and get slippery UNLESS that get a big rev to warm them up (which our local police do not like).
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote