View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #7872 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zae757 View Post
Ok, I know someone probably already asked this question but I have to asks before I spend the money on them. Are long tube headers illegal in VA? I'm stationed in NJ but drive my car through and to VA about once every 3-4 months so I still get the inspection when needed since I'm so close. I just don't want to spend all that money on a part of my exhaust just to hear I have to take it off...someone, anyone, please help with this question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zae757 View Post
So I'm guessing the Berk HFC is also out of the question? Wish I would of known that before I spent the money on them. If anything, I might just change them out every time I need to get an inspection. Plus I'm not living in VA, so it shouldn't be that difficult...
You have to check the emissions restrictions in the area your car is registered in (your state/county). An out of district agency cannot enforce their restrictions on you if your car is registered out of state/county.

I live in Adams Co. PA which does not have emissions restrictions, so I had LTH's and drove through MD and VA pretty regularly and they can't do anything about it. Also had a radar detector too

Edit: I got more complaints from the whiney mofo's driving behind me on cruises than I did from LEO's

Easiest thing to do is to either go HFC's or RTPs, and save your stock cats. That way, if you do have to do inspections, or get popped, you just switch them back in and get checked. After you pass, swap them back.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14

Last edited by XwChriswX; 07-27-2014 at 05:09 PM.
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote