View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedB370z View Post
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor... and last night it happened again... shut off the car, turned it back on, still wouldn't rev past 3500rpm, even in park or neutral.. I plugged in my Bluetooth obd2 scanner, no codes, and no CEL.... turned off yet again, then it was fine.

BUT... noticed my oil temp gauge, sometimes reads the lowest number on the gauge, even after driving for 10 minutes, then sometimes reads normal... and it does the back and forth when you turn on the car so I know its not the gauge, and I read in other threads apparently if the oil temp reads goofy (or high) it can cause this limp mode without a CEL or code... I checked the oil today, and its not low.

150 Lubricating System :: Engine Mechanical :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 370Z Parts (Z34) 2009-2013 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

so it's the 370Z SENSOR ASSY OIL TEMP 22630D?

any other ideas?
Sounds like a blown relay somewhere... might be worth checking the fuses.

Another thought that comes to mind is the brake switch sensor may be stuck on. That's what keeps you from going WOT while brake is depressed.