View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dixnot
Base Member

Drives: 09 Banana
Dixnot is on a distinguished road
Default 240+ oil temp 5 min of daily drive....help

Im having the same issue many people are and have been having with the limp mode 1-3rd gear in low rpm. Ive been looking on here and debating on going to the dealer and getting it checked ill try and list the needed specifics about my ride and any advice would be nice.
09 Manual - K&n typhoons - F.I Test pipes - F.I exhaust - uprev tuned

Today i drive home from work. 10min city drive under 35mph the whole time...normal driving. Get home 20min later im back out the door. it was 101 degrees and 38% humidity. I pull out of my road and LIMP mode into the middle of a busy street. (little scary looking at cars coming at u and not knowing when the car is going to finally launch) its been happening more often since the temps are getting into the high 90s and low 100s. within 5 minutes the oil temp was about 245 before i ever even got into the hwy and it was freaking LIMP mode city. Once about 10 min of normal hwy speed it dropped down to about 225ish. I recently got my oil changed at midas (about 700miles ago) and used their full synthetic. Checked oil levels and was fine. Checked intakes which were cleaned maybe 2000 miles ago...seemed fine. No codes are throwing on the cel. I didnt have an Issue with the texas heat last year on my car, but this year seems very different.

I am not ragging on the engine. im normal daily driving.
Any advice on things i should test or if taking it to the dealer is the best bet. Maybe the midas valvoline oil burns too hot? blah i dont know. Oil change and just go with a more trusted oil? I dont want to have to buy a god D!$% oil cooler just cause i live in texas. Seems like none of the texas boys have this problem.

Last edited by Dixnot; 07-26-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Dixnot is offline   Reply With Quote