View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmite View Post
I hate those style of fittings, they are notorious for leaking.

Personally , I would wash her down, brake kleen the general area you think the leak is coming from, wipe it down and fire her up while she's on the hoist/ramps and watch close.
I like the latter comment; not so much the former.

Edit: I misidentified the connectors, so the following doesn't apply in this case. See 1slow370's comment below. Sorry about that.
The main reason compression tubing fittings fail is because of improper installation - usually over-tightening. A close second is over-tightening during reassembly. Follow the manufacturer's procedure for installing the fittings (usually hand-tight plus 1/8 to 1/2 turn depending on size) and you will have very few leaks. When re-assembling, just snug the nut up - it doesn't have to be as tight as many people think.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 07-25-2014 at 03:04 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote